Moore Horseshoe Pitching Tournament
Saturday June 6, 2015 10:30 am
at the 12 Annual Daylily Festival
(273 Rail Road St. Gray, Ga)
$ 5.00 Registration fee
Players can pre-register any time by filling out the form.
Registration will also be accepted at event on morning of tournament.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive medals.
1. Each player pitches both shoes followed by the opponent's two shoes.
2. In pitching a shoe, the player may not cross the foul line.
3. Games will be played to 21 points or 20 pitches.
4. A foul line is marked 3 feet in front of each stake.
Thus, the resulting throwing distance (foul line to opposite stake) is 37 feet.
For Female and Senior (65) contestants the foul line is 27 feet from the opposite stake.
1. Any shoe must be within one horseshoe-width (measured across the outside of the open end of the shoe) of the stake to be considered for points.
2. Ringers are worth 3 points each and must completely encircle the stake so the ends can be touched with a straight-edge without touching the stake.
3. If you have the closest shoe and a ringer, it's 4 points.
4. Leaners are worth 1 point and are considered closer than any adjacent shoe except ringers.